Monday, March 17, 2008

Peter and the Starcatchers By Dave Barry and Riddly Pearson


Peter was the leader of the orphan boys because he was the oldest – or so he claimed. And because he could spit the farthest. Not that it did him much good, shipped off aboard a leaky old bilge bucket to be the servant of a tyrant king.But Peter and his mates aren't the only ones on the Never Land...Why is a trunk holding "the greatest treasure on earth" aboard the stinking, worm-ridden ship? Does it contain gold, jewels – or something far more mysterious and dangerous? And what is Molly, the beautiful daughter of a rich diplomat, hiding from Peter? (this is a summery from someone else but I forgot who and can't find it again. I will keep trying)
I really liked this book it was a fun quick read and is the first in a series of three. It is the story of how Peter becomes Peter Pan and Neverland becomes what it is. I have not read the others yet so if someone who has wants to post about them that would be great!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I need to read them. Lucy just finished the first two and loved them. I like books that everyone in the family can enjoy, sort of like Harry Potter, and I've heard this is one of those. I will have to pick it up.