Sunday, February 24, 2008

Stolen Lives by Malika Oufkir and Michele Fitoussi


The back cover reads:
"Malika Oufkir was born into extreme privilege as the daughter of the king of Morocco's closest aide. But in 1972, her life of luxury came to a crashing halt. Her father was executed for attempting to assassinate the king, and she and her family were imprisoned for two decades. Stolen Lives is the story of their resilience and their resolve to live in freedom." This is a true story and I found it to be very interesting. I was fascinated by the detailed description of the lavish and pampered life of this woman when she lived with the Moroccon royalty. I was then shocked by the deprivation and torture that she and her family experienced when they were imprisoned for a crime they didn't commit. "A heartreading tale of survival and courage, Stolen Lives is an unforgettable memoir by an extraordinary woman."

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I hope you liked this, Em. I know I was fascinated by her story.