Friday, April 4, 2008

The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas

Most have heard the story of how Roman soldiers killed Jesus, and gambled for his robe. This book tells the story of the soldier in charge of the crucifixion who also wins the robe. The affect that this experience has on his life is profound, and leads him on a quest to learn for himself the truth about Jesus. This book really gave me a different perspective on the well know stories of the life of Jesus. It is also a great story of personal change and faith. Plus you get a lot of adventure and some romance thrown in too.
Douglas wrote another book called Magnificent Obsession. This book is similar and has some strong Christian themes. However, it is more of a tale of one man's search for happiness, than strictly religion. Both books are incredibly well written combining great stories with thought provoking ideas.

2 comments:

Di~ said...

Good review Nancy. I wish I could read, remember and review as well as you!
Mom

Nikki said...

The Robe and Magnificent Obsession are both great reads. It's been years for me... I may have to pull them out again! Thanks for reminding me about Lloyd Douglas.