Thursday, April 24, 2008

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

This book is written for kids grades 5-8 but I thought it was hilarious. There was so much buzz about it at the last book fair that when I saw it at Costco - I decided to pick one up for my kids. When I had a couple of minutes I sat down to peruse the book. Before I knew it, I was loving the story and totally laughing out loud!

Greg Heffley is a middle school student trying to learn the ropes of fitting in, looking cool, and how to avoid as much schoolwork as possible. He keeps this "dairy" of his experiences that are so familiar and crazy at the same time. Having been through middle school made it even more recognizable and funny. I was wondering if my 4th grader would understand some of the humor but she is enjoying it so far. This is worth reading! It is such a quick and easy read (could easily be read in one evening) - and will give some good laughs. I guess there is a sequel already out that is supposed to be great and another one expected in the future. I also found a website for the book here.

2 comments:

Maren said...

This was a funny and fast read! I kept bugging Gavin as he tried to sleep, I could not stop giggling!

Anna said...

Lucy (8 years old) read and loved it. I need to read it now.