Tuesday, July 8, 2008

John Adams by David McCullough

This is an amazing book, which I think should be required reading for anyone who claims American citizenship.  John Adams was an eyewitness and participant in the founding of our country and this book is taken from his letters to his wife Abigail, and her letters to him.  It is a wonderful read and you will have a serious appreciation for John Adams and the other founding fathers after reading this book.  Fascinating.  (I believe they just made an HBO series based on this book.  I'd love to see it).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second that. This book is one of the most readable historical books I've read, it gives great insight into John Adams, and helps you connect to these men as real people. Fantastic!

AnneMarie said...

I love this book! One of the best historical biographies. I found him to be so inspiring. I have also made this book required reading in my home.

Emily S. said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this book - although it's been years since I have read it. Kip and my parents just watched the DVD series and they really enjoyed it. It's next on my list of things to watch!