Saturday, July 12, 2008

Little Britches by Ralph Moody

My Grandma recommended I read this book, and now I second her recommendation, and will tell you basically what she told me.  This certainly isn't fine literature, or deep material, but it is a good story and I loved the relationship between the young son, Ralph, and his Father.  It is the story of the authors childhood.  His family, for health reasons, left New England and made a go at a life as ranchers outside of Denver in the early 20th century.  Ralph is in love with his new cowboy life and gets into lots of mischief, but is always guided by his fathers wisdom, love, and goodness.  The writing is somewhat abrupt and not terribly refined, but the story and narration kept me going. I enjoyed the book and look forward to reading the sequels.

No comments: