Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan


Mary lives in a small village where life has very strict boundaries and rules. Surrounding the village is a fence, beyond the fence is the forest, within the forest are the Unconsecrated- humans who have been infected by a disease causing them to Return to a zombie like existence. The existence of the community depends on the limits imposed by the Sisterhood. Despite all that Mary has been told about the world she lives in she questions that there might be more to life, more outside her small enclosure. When the time comes she must determine what she is prepared to give up and how far she will go to learn the answer to her questions.
This book reminded me a lot of the movies The Village and I Am Legend although it certainly has it's own unique twists and turns. I can't say that I loved this book, because I was a bit disappointed with the ending, but I can say that I was hooked. I finished it in just over 24 hours (24 hours that included sleep and work and normal life stuff) and when I wasn't reading I was wanting to be.

No comments: