Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Full Cupboard of Life by Alexander McCall Smith





This is the fifth book in the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series. This is a delightful, charming, easy to read series about Mma Ramatswe - an African woman living in Botswana and her simple but interesting life as a detective. I haven't read all the books but of the few I have read - the first one is my favorite. But all the books are very funny and quirky.

If you want a real treat - get the first book on audio CD read by Lisette Lecat. She is incredibly talented and her accents are lovely! I couldn't help but hear her voice in my head as I read other books in the series. I loved it!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I LOVE all of his series. The Saturday Morning Philosophy Club, 42 Scotland Street, and these. He is a great author. Fun books.