Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery

Valancy lives a drab life with her overbearing mother and prying aunt. Then a shocking diagnosis from Dr.Trent prompts her to make a fresh start. For the first time, she does and says exactly what she feels. As she expands her limited horizons, Valancy undergoes a transformation, discovering a new world of love and happiness. One of Lucy Maud Montgomery's only novels intended for an adult audience, The Blue Castle is filled with humour and romance. (From http://books.google.com/books?id=yGoxgtO0HNoC ) I love this book. It is typical overly romanticised Lucy Maud Montgomery , but, I love that!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

This is by far my favorite book by Montgomery. Don't get me wrong, the Anne volumes are great too, but this one just struck my fancy. It is hopelessly romantic, but I can't even fault it that, I like it too much.

Anna said...

Helplessly romatic, sometimes silly, often cheesy, but I LOVE it. One of my favorites. I will always love the Anne books best (wow I almost spelled that without an e, unforgiveable), but this one is a very fun curl up with a book and escape book.