Friday, November 14, 2008

Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

Brisinger is the most recent instalment in the Inheritance Cycle. The first two books are Eragon and Eldest. The books tell a familiar story about a peasant boy, Eragon, who discovers there is more to him than meets the eye. He finds a dragon egg, it hatches, and he becomes a Dragon Rider. Thus starts an adventure of self discovery where Eragon and Saphira (his dragon) must battle fantastic creatures, befriend Elves, Dwarves and Men, and find a way to destroy the evil King Galbatorix.
I enjoyed the first 2 books and was excited to read the third. I liked it, but was a little disappointed in the movement of the plot, I felt it was slow. I was also bummed because I was about 3/4 of the way through the book when I realized that it is not the last book. The author originally planned for 3 books, but when writing Brisinger he realized that the story was too long for one book and made the series into a cycle! I'm bummed because I didn't get a conclusion as I was hoping, and I have to wait for the next one to come out.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I love the inheritance books. I wish the next book were published so I could jump right into it. I never understood why the "Lord of the rings" books were such a hit, my personal opinion is that these books are so much better than Tolkien. Just a great fantasy read.