Thursday, January 31, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


Anna Here:
I just finished Eat, Pray, Love a few days ago. I really enjoyed it. It is non-fiction, but felt like a good fiction novel. It is about a miserable, depressed, 30-something woman who decides to pull her life together. She does this by spending 4 months in Italy exploring "pleasure", 4 months in India learning how to grow closer to God, and 4 months in Bali where she learns about love. The author is funny, and I really enjoyed her journey. Her Italy experience made me hungry! I also liked her understanding of the nature of God and how we each need to slow down a bit in our crazy lives to feel that love and share that love. I enjoyed it and would recommend this book.

2 comments:

{Erica} said...

read this book twice! there were parts when she would describe "God" that made me say out loud "Someone send her a Book or Mormon NOW"...she made such sense and the way she wrote was very pleasing to me. Did you happen to catch her on Oprah the two times she was on? Anyway, great book. I look forward to her next one she's working on.

Maren said...

I also really liked this book! It made me wish I could take a year and do the sme thing. I thought it was well writen.